As a parent, do you often times ask yourself the following questions:
- Why hasn’t my baby pooped today?
- Will my baby take 1 or 2 naps before going to bed?
- Why did my baby take a catnap as opposed to the regular 1-2 hrs?
- Why is my child not eating well?
As parents, it’s very important to maintain consistency and plan events around your child’s schedule. Your child will become more used to a regular schedule and will likely be less fussy if s/he is following a schedule. However, setting up that schedule can be difficult and you should follow what works best for you and your significant other. This is the routine we follow with our 1.5 y/o (not to say this is the only routine that works, but offering a perspective that works for us):
- Wake up: between 6-6:30AM
- Apply Baby Mantra’s Calming Lotion to keep skin moist
- Breakfast: between 7:30-8AM
- Nap: between 10-10:30AM (duration 1.5-2 hrs)
- Lunch: between 1:30-2PM
- Dinner: between 6-6:30PM
- Bathtime: 6:45-7:30PM
- Bedtime: 7:45PM – 6AM
We make sure our child is drinking lots of water throughout the day to allow for regular urination and pooping. We find that whenever we are off from this schedule, our child is inconvenienced and does act more fussy. Maintaining this regularity not only keeps our baby calm, but it keeps us as parents calm as well.